Basic Neck & Face Content
Learn Vodder MLD technique, strokes, sequences, indications, lymph system function of neck & face, etc.
$575 - $650. (US$)
(set by sponsor within guidelines, ask about discounts.)
20 CEs Via NCBTMB. CE PROVIDER: Dr. Vodder School International (DVSI)
Licensed or certified Esthetician, massage therapist, PT, OT, or other health care professional license, (500 hours of massage certificate, or NCTMB Exam Certified). (More Details)
Student Materials (included): Student handbook / workbook; Dr. Vodder School Lecture Notes (Text); DVD of strokes and sequences, etc.
Student: Recommend bring to class: 1 set sheets, 1 towel, highlighter, loose clothing.
Support: Gay Lee provides extensive pre- and post- course preparation and study materials, including practice management, continuing education opportunities, tutoring, and more. (More Details)
Basic Neck & Face Course Calendar Go to Full
Course Objectives for MLD Basic Esthetician Training Class
This course teaches the original Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD).
The objectives of the practical part of the course (15 hours) are:
- To teach the student an effective, light, subtle technique.
- To teach the Basic stroke for MLD and its application to the face and neck with the necessary sequencing.
- To integrate the theory into practical experience.
- To prepare the student for the advanced courses in Dr. Vodder's Manual Lymph Drainage.
The objectives of the theory part of the course (5 hours) are:
- To familiarize the student with the history and context of the Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymph Drainage for the neck and face.
- To familiarize the student with the anatomy of the lymph system and related structures in the connective tissue.
- To give the student an understanding of fluid exchange between blood vessels, connective tissue and lymph vessels, and the various forces affecting fluid movement.
- To teach the student how MLD affects various systems in the body, specifically the nervous, muscular, and drainage systems.
- To make the student aware of the contraindications for MLD.
- To give the student an understanding of the context of MLD as a treatment modality and the types of disorders that can be treated with it.
- To familiarize the student with current research into MLD therapy for the neck and face.
Text © Dr. Vodder School International 11/08/06 Used by Permission of Dr. Vodder School International P.O. Box 5121, Victoria, B.C. Canada V8R 6N4 Tel: (250) 598-9862, Fax: (250) 598-9841 www.vodderschool.com A division of Vodder Schools International.
Learn Dr Vodder MLD Basic technique, strokes, sequences, indications, contraindications, lymph system function of the neck & face, and much more.
||Gay Lee Gulbrandson is an internationally certified Dr. Vodder MLD teacher. She also has a thriving massage therapy practice in Berkeley, California. She has been a certified Dr. Vodder therapist since 1996 and a teacher of Dr. Vodder MLD since 2002. Gay Lee will give each student individual practical instruction to help them develop the skills required to attain the best possible results with their clients. Gay Lee (BA) is certified via CLT-LANA, NCTMB, AMTA, CMT, and Dr Vodder School International.